Tuesday 15 November 2011

The Beginning

We here it goes... I've just turned 35, have a beautiful 2 1/2 year old daughter and another on the way. At my wifes 4 month check up i did the unthinkable, i stepped on the doctors scale. And lets just say i wasn't woo-hooing to loud after.

 I dont consider myself "over-weight", but lately I'm floating around my heaviest. I used to be a gym nut. throwing around heavy weights, until the weight started to be to much for my body and shoulder injuries started plaguing me and i had to cut back on heavy lifting. So tried to keep the weights down but it would get boring, the weight would creep up and i would re-injure my shoulder again. Eventually i just stopped going to the gym.

 Another passion was and still is cycling, Mountian biking to be exact. I did have some success in endurance racing, but it was never about competition. I just love cycling. but with my daughter being 2, its allot harder to get out. So i'm finding myself looking forward to when she is old enough and we can start riding together.

 Anyway... back to the scale...ugh, tipped in at 230lbs at 5'10", again, ugh! So i decided to start to do something about it. But i don't just want to lose weight, i want to be all around healthier, for me and my family.

 So i had been toying in my mind with Running. I've started a few times and on one motivated occasion i used running to pass a endurance test. Once i passed, i stopped, my motivation was gone. So this time to not lose motivation i decided to blog my experience from the beginning. I had done a similar journal when i started Cycling and it really worked, kept me motivated.

So as my first entry here is a few things i'd like to share:
Weight (Dotors office): 230
How long i can run: Maybe 3-4 minutes
How far i can run: Not very


 

No comments:

Post a Comment